Sunday, June 3, 2012

Covers...and apparently Scandinavian musicians

I am never opposed to a cover of a song...especially good covers :)

About a year ago...I think...I discovered Robyn.  She is...to use one of my (probably overused) phrases...all kinds of awesome sauce.  Just see for yourself...videos and even live.  She truly rocks the Casbah or kasbah (depending on what I am referring to...who knew!?)












SEE?!  ALL KINDS OF AWESOME SAUCE!!!  ok...back to the issue at hand...covers...recently I discovered this cover...



it is cute, and adorable and clever.  I thought wow...creative little girls...based on the number of views people seem to be loving it.  And not without reason.  In fact people are loving them SO much they want to see them on Ellen.  And that is all fine and good...except for one thing...this cover isn't even their own creative concept!  It is a cover of a cover!  This cover to be exact...



Which I must say...is better than the little girls...maybe not on the adorable front...but on the talent front...they kind of leave those little girls in the dust...check this one out...




I think I may have found my new favorite Britney Spears cover.  I can't decide if it is the xylophone, their harmonies, their straight faces while singing these fantastic lyrics...or maybe...just maybe...it is because they are Swedish.

I know that sounds silly...the fact that I love it because they are Scandinavian...but lately I have been really in to Scandinavian performers...I mean...not lately...actually...for the last couple years...(and even longer if we count my enjoyment of Bjork)...as evidenced by my love for the following...

Robyn (Swedish)...see above videos.

Ane Brun (born in Norway, lives in Sweden. see previous post)




 Agnes Obel...(she is Danish)...I discovered her about two years ago.  I LOVE her piano playing.  A Scandinavian gem.




And since sometimes (according to Wikipedia) Scandinavia can also include Iceland...let us not leave out...

Sigur Ros...(Iceland) Jonsi Birgisson's voice is what I hope welcomes me into heaven...



maybe you'll recognize this one from Sigur Ros.

And of course...we cannot forget these indie darlings who are currently rising in popularity...bless npr for introducing us (sorry...the audio is not available anymore for this...but you can watch the videos below!)  My friends...if you have not already...meet Of Monsters and Men...



That trumpet...wow...just wow.







Well those videos should keep you busy for a while.  I hope you enjoy the Scandanavians as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment