Sunday, March 25, 2012

a Sunday song for any day

This is one of my most favorite hymns of all...in fact it might be my second favorite...anyway...I LOVE when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings it.  There is nothing quite like being there in person to hear it, but this video will have to do.  When they entire choir is singing acapella...chills every. single. time.

(listen to me)


My most favorite hymn is Let the Holy Spirit Guide.  I couldn't find a good version of it on YouTube or any where else for that matter...but it is simple and beautiful and has stuck with me since I was a little kid and learned it in Primary when we had this fantastic old man substitute during singing time.  I've included the lyrics below because as you know, I am a fan of good lyrics and this song takes the cake on the lyrics front.


1. Let the Holy Spirit guide;
Let him teach us what is true.
He will testify of Christ,
Light our minds with heaven's view.

2. Let the Holy Spirit guard;
Let his whisper govern choice.
He will lead us safely home
If we listen to his voice.

3. Let the Spirit heal our hearts
Thru his quiet, gentle pow'r.
May we purify our lives
To receive him hour by hour.

Text: Penelope Moody Allen, b. 1939.
(c) 1985 IRI

No comments:

Post a Comment